Re: SELFHTML again.

"Uwe Hermann" <uh1763@hermann-uwe.de> wrote:
> Now my question (mostly to the FTP-admins):
>
> Is such an extra permission enough to allow SELFHTML into the archive,
> despite the paragraphs about racism and fundamentalistic-religious
> contents etc. remaining in the upstream license?
>
> The permission could probably be something like this (I'm just guessing):
> "I hereby grant the Debian project explicit permission to distribute
> SELFHTML, even if the Debian distribution contains material mentioned
> in paragraph xyz of the SELFHTML license."

This permission is sufficient to get SELFHTML into non-free.  Since it
is specific to Debian, it can't go into main.  I got a rough
translation of the license from Babel, and it seems like there is some
restriction on modifications.  I can't tell for sure, but that might
also keep it out of main.  It isn't a problem for non-free.

The wording on the exception should be fine.

Regards,
Walter Landry
wlandry@ucsd.edu