Re: teTeX Documentation Licenses (B, C)

Scripsit tb@becket.net (Thomas Bushnell, BSG)

(Just musing - the following does not change our conclusions about
whether Debian can distribute the files in question).

> The Berne Convention generally only requires "Copyright" and a date to
> claim a copyright, and sometimes, not even that.

In which cases does the Berne Convention require even "Copyright" and
a date? Article 15, paragraph 1 says:

| In order that the author of a literary or artistic work protected by
| this Convention shall, in the absence of proof to the contrary, be
| regarded as such, and consequently be entitled to institute
| infringement proceedings in the countries of the Union, it shall be
| sufficient for his name to appear on the work in the usual
| manner. This paragraph shall be applicable even if this name is a
| pseudonym, where the pseudonym adopted by the author leaves no doubt
| as to his identity.

I think "in the usual manner" would include things such as
"\author{John Doe}" without either date or the c-word.

--
Henning Makholm          "Jeg har tydeligt gjort opmærksom på, at man ved at
                   følge den vej kun bliver gennemsnitligt ca. 48 år gammel,