Re: teTeX Documentation Licenses (B, C)

Peter Makholm <peter@makholm.net> writes:

> tb@becket.net (Thomas Bushnell, BSG) writes:
>
> > Is there some reason you trimmed that?  Just so you could make the
> > same point yourself?
>
> No point being so agressive. I read the message as you meant that what
> I quoted had some relvance for the conclusion --- Which we aparently both
> knows is wrong.

Sorry for being too touchy.  :)  I'm up past my bedtime.

When I said that "all rights reserved" is still relevant, I meant the
following:

The Berne Convention generally only requires "Copyright" and a date to
claim a copyright, and sometimes, not even that.  The older and
different Pan American convention requires the additional phrase "all
rights reserved".

But the latter phrase is still important in the world, because there
are countries that are members of the Pan American convention but not
the Berne convention, so publishers are well advised to put both, even
now.

But you thought I meant that it was still relevant for Debian; agreed
that it's not--we honor even kludgy badly phrased copyrights, because
that's safer, and safety is good.

Thomas