Re: WARNING: Crypto software to be included into main Debian distribution

Sam Hartman <hartmans@debian.org> wrote:
> True; I think Thomas is a bit confused on this one.
>
> I believe that adding a use restriction to our EULA (and thus having
> an EULA) would violate the social contract.
>
> However putting a notice on US websites so that people who want to
> construct nuclear or biological weapons know they should grab the
> software from outside the US does not seem unreasonable.

So we're going to put a notice on the US websites telling people that,
if they want to use the software for nukes, they can't get it here but
have to go to a non-us mirror?  Isn't this basically what the lawyer
suggested?  I thought we had all agreed that that was a use
restriction.

Regards,
Walter Landry
wlandry@ucsd.edu