Re: license requirements for a book to be in free section

Sven <luther@dpt-info.u-strasbg.fr> writes:

> Yes, please, remove it and clarify this stuff.
>
> (it would need a vote though, isn't it ?

And discussion somewhere else. :)

> But it makes for lost time speaking about it, for misinterpretation from
> outside folk (like the oreilly guys reading the dfsg and thinking it is ok)
> and weaken our position. Again, clarifying this in the source would be much
> better than long discutions. ...

Well, the DFSG is not some kind of "if you meet this, we promise you
pass".  It's an *internal* guideline for Debian.  We make *our*
(Debian's) judgement--"our" includes you, Sven--and then decide what
we do.  If it's really important for their package to be in Debian,
then they should ask us.