Re: license requirements for a book to be in free section

On Mon, Jan 28, 2002 at 03:16:53PM -0800, Walter Landry wrote:
> > Woody is coming and I don't want to miss the package for a long long
> > long legal disquisition.
>
> Sorry, wrong list for that ;)

Why, if you tell him clearly that it is not DFSG free, then the package will
go into non-free, and that is it, but it will ship.

Also, if you decide it will be non free, then is this a modification of the
DFSG, a clarification that will be known only to the people involved and may
well be forgotten for another similar problem in the future, or will it be
filled somewhere accesible and advertised ?

My feeling is that it is DFSG non free, or at least that we interpret the DFSG
as such, it even seemed strange to me this bit about aggregation, which seem
meaningless if you interpret it so, and i ask myself why it was put there, and
for what useage.

But anyway, for other people to know it and for it to not be a one time
thing, it should either be put in words in the DFSG (heavy as it may be), or
at least in some DFSG explanation and interpretation faq or something.

And the debian-legal archive is _not_ such a faq.

Friendly,

Sven Luther