GPL v1

A program I'm packaging appears to be licensed under the GPL v1;
(I think; does this look like it? It's called GNU.TXT).

TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR COPYING, DISTRIBUTION AND MODIFICATION

0. This License applies to any program or other work which contains a
notice placed by the copyright holder saying it may be distributed under
the terms of this General Public License. The "Program", below, refers to
any such program or work, and a "work based on the Program" means either
the Program or any derivative work under copyright law: that is to say, a
work containing the Program or a portion of it, either verbatim or with
modifications and/or translated into another language. (Hereinafter,
translation is included without limitation in the term "modification".)
Each licensee is addressed as "you".

Activities other than copying, distribution and modification are not
covered by this License; they are outside its scope. The act of running
the Program is not restricted, and the output from the Program is covered
only if its contents constitute a work based on the Program (independent
of having been made by running the Program). Whether that is true depends
on what the Program does.

Since we don't ship the text in /usr/share/common-licenses, what
should I do - ship the whole text in my package?

Hamish