Unicode Code Charts - Terms of use

I want to create a unicode truetype font based on the Unicode code charts to distribute them under GPL (and package them for Debian).  I am not sure whether I can do this or not since the PDF files include the following sentence under "Terms of use":

"You may freely use these code charts for personal or internal business only.  You
may not incorporate them into any productor publication, or otherwise distribute them without express written permission from the Unicode Consortium"

I would not be incorporating them but using them as a starting point to build a new font.  Do you think this usage complies with the "Terms of use"?

You might want to read http://www.unicode.org/unicode/copyright.html at the bottom of the code charts page.  They seem to explicitly allow derivative works but the code charts do not appear to be in this category.

I did write to them yesterday but got no answer so far.

Eduardo Trápani