Re: One unclear point in the Vim license

Glenn Maynard wrote:

> On Wed, Jan 02, 2002 at 11:18:26PM +0100, Bram Moolenaar wrote:
> > Theoretically this would be possible.  However, for the software to be
> > distributed with another license every person that contributed would have
> > to agree with it, since each person has the copyright for the part he
> > contributed under the GPL.  Since there hardly ever is an explicit
> > mentioning of what license is used for the contributed part, implicitly
> > the currently active license applies.  Well, I'm not a lawyer but that's
> > how I interpret what I heard (it might actually be different for various
> > countries).
>
> Wouldn't this apply to you changing the license *at all*?  (For example,
> removing the "send-changes-upstream" clause.)

Only when the intention of the license changes.  So far I have only
changed the wording.  I do send the new text to the vim-dev maillist so
that others can say what they think.  If I add the option to distribute
sources with a modified version, this is a real change and I need to
find out if there is anybody who objects to it.

> By the way, are you subscribed to debian-legal?  You're getting dropped
> from some CCs in subthreads.

No, I'm not in debian-legal.

--
Q: How does a UNIX Guru do Sex ?