Re: One unclear point in the Vim license

Richard Stallman wrote:

> >     Ten million Linux users can't be wrong!
>
> If they think of themselves as "Linux users", they are wrong already
> ;-).  The system is GNU; Linux is the kernel.  They are really
> GNU/Linux users.
>
> See http://www.gnu.org/gnu/linux-and-gnu.html for more
> explanation.

We had this discussion before.  Most people call the whole thing
"Linux".  It's just a name that people use.  It's very common for people
to use a name which isn't 100% right, but they do it anyway.

If I ask one of my friends "what is GNU" he doesn't just think of the
OS, GNU is more than that.  If I ask him "what is Linux" he knows what I
mean (although some people might ask me back "do you mean the kernel or
the OS?").

--
GUARD #1:  What -- a swallow carrying a coconut?
ARTHUR:    It could grip it by the husk!

 ///  Bram Moolenaar -- Bram@moolenaar.net -- http://www.moolenaar.net  \\\
(((   Creator of Vim -- http://vim.sf.net -- ftp://ftp.vim.org/pub/vim   )))
 \\\  Help me helping AIDS orphans in Uganda - http://iccf-holland.org  ///