Re: IMCs vCard/vCalendar SDK: unclear license, acceptable as free ?

Andreas Pretzsch <andypre@gmx.de> wrote:
> Greetings !
>
> I'd like to package IMCs vCard/vCalendar library but I'm unsure if the
> license complies to Debian.
> I think packaging would be worth the effort, as e.g. gnome-pim uses the
> library statically linked.

Their intent seems to be BSDish.  Most of the files have the copyright
notice you quoted (which is fine), but not all.  You should ask for
clarification.  Just ask them what the license of the unlicensed files
is.

Also, the trademark stuff is not a problem.

Regards,
Walter Landry
wlandry@ucsd.edu