Re: {debian-legal} Re: Final Draft: Interpretive Guideline regarding DFSG clause 3

On Fri, Dec 14, 2001 at 04:02:51PM -0800, Thomas Bushnell, BSG wrote:
> I can see justification for making a rule that one shouldn't have a
> dependency on a package with invariant manual sections.

And what justification would that be?

> If the primary motivation in this discussion is what's easiest and
> most convenient for the users, then obviously "keep it in emacs20 and
> keep that package in Debian" is easiest and most convenient.

Yes, that argument has been raised many times to support putting
Netscape in main, too.

--
G. Branden Robinson                |    There is no housing shortage in
Debian GNU/Linux                   |    Lincoln today -- just a rumor that