Re: Change in ispell's copyright -> nonfree?

>  > It sounds similar to the mandatory "Powered by Zope" button that was
>  > kicked around by the Zope guys but ultimately rejected as non-free.
>
>  Uh?

I don't see that either.  There no requirement for use, only for
distribution.   But is it non-free anyway?  I don't know.

>       The text says that if I offer ispell for download (or other form
>  of distribution) I must place a link to the original website.  In
>  simpler words, if the Debian maintainer puts ispell on
>  http://people.debian.org/~jrh/ispell, he must place a link to the
>  original website because he is making it available as a single entity.
>  On the other hand, the Debian website must not.

I disagree. http://packages.debian.org/unstable/text/ispell.html clearly
makes it available separately from the distribution.

But I think including the URL in the package description would satisfy
the license.

Peter