Re: Change in ispell's copyright -> nonfree?

>> Branden Robinson <branden@debian.org> writes:

 > It sounds similar to the mandatory "Powered by Zope" button that was
 > kicked around by the Zope guys but ultimately rejected as non-free.

 Uh?  The text says that if I offer ispell for download (or other form
 of distribution) I must place a link to the original website.  In
 simpler words, if the Debian maintainer puts ispell on
 http://people.debian.org/~jrh/ispell, he must place a link to the
 original website because he is making it available as a single entity.
 On the other hand, the Debian website must not.  In particular, as
 worded, it does not mean that http://ispell.my.org/, a hypothetical
 online spell checking service, must link to the original website.  The
 author probably had a problem with people distributing ispell without
 clearly stating it's been written by someone one.

--
Marcelo             | "Go ahead, bake my quiche"
mmagallo@debian.org |         -- Magrat instructs the castle cook