Re: LDP in main?

On Sun, Dec 02, 2001 at 09:30:41PM +0000, Colin Watson wrote:
> For the benefit of debian-legal: David Merrill, the Linux Documentation
> Project coordinator, e-mailed me recently with concerns about the LDP
> documents (doc-linux-html and doc-linux-text, plus the various
> translations) being in non-free. I'm forwarding on the most recent mail
> in that discussion, and will add my own reply in a moment.

Hey, wait, I thought actual, real-world instances of documentation with
licensing issues was a bunch of smoke I cooked up to promote my
monomanical enterprise.  Damn, it's actually got merit.  Really ruins my
day.

Serious commentary to follow.  :)

--
G. Branden Robinson                |     Don't use nuclear weapons to
Debian GNU/Linux                   |     troubleshoot faults.