Re: REVISED PROPOSAL regarding DFSG 3 and 4, licenses, and modifiable text

On Sun, Dec 02, 2001 at 12:22:10PM -0800, Thomas Bushnell, BSG wrote:
> Except right now we have in fact the rule that each person decides for
> himself what is reasonable in this regard, and, in fact, we *DON'T*
> have a lot of invariant text in main!

The GNU FDL and OPL are new licenses relative to the BSD, Artistic, and
GNU GPL.  It is perfectly consistent to expect these new licenses to be
used more widely in the future.  It is not reasonable to expect them to
have been used before they were written.

--
G. Branden Robinson                |      To stay young requires unceasing
Debian GNU/Linux                   |      cultivation of the ability to