Re: Mp3-decoders also patented?

>> David Starner <dstarner98@aasaa.ofe.org> writes:

 > But does it cover decoding? From everything I've heard, it only covers
 > encoding, and Fraunhofer is making idle threats about decoding.

 Since the whole system moved to Delphion, it's a PITA to actually read
 patents and patents' claims.  From what I *can* read, the patent covers
 only encoding.  I don't know if there are other patents covering
 decoding (thanks Delphion, again).

--
Marcelo             | I DON'T KNOW ABOUT YOU, he said, BUT I COULD MURDER
mmagallo@debian.org | A CURRY.