Re: xfig-doc has license problems in examples

Branden Robinson wrote:

> On Tue, Oct 16, 2001 at 10:16:03AM -0400, Peter S Galbraith wrote:
> > I guess these are all software then:
> >
> >  debian-guide - Text from: Debian GNU/Linux: Guide to Installation and
> Usage
> >  dwarfs-debian-guide - Dwarf's guide to installing and using Debian
> GNU/Linux
> >  lg-issue66 - Issue 66 of the Linux Gazette.
> >  xspecs - X protocol, extension, and library technical specifications
> >  zope-book - Zope Open Content Book
> >
> > How about all the -doc packages?
> >
> > If you say they are software, then, gee, they must be software.
>
> Can they be treated as such from the perspective of the DFSG, and pass?
>
> I know this is true for xspecs, because I maintain it.  What about the
> others?

I maintain dwarfs-debian-guide:

 Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this
 document under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License,
 Version 1.1 or any later version published by the Free Software
 Foundation; with the Invariant Sections being Chapter 1
 Introduction, with no Front-Cover Texts, and with the Back-Cover
 Texts being ``The early development of the material in this work
 was produced with the financial support of Planet Linux. This
 support was intrumental in bringing this project to
 completion.''  A copy of the license is included in the section
 entitled ``Appendix 9: GNU Free Documentation License'' which
 can be found on page 271.

See http://www.gnu.org/copyleft/fdl.html for the FDL.