Re: "Legal Terms of Service" advice please

Brian Ristuccia wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 24, 2001 at 01:15:31PM -0800, Rick Younie wrote:
>>
>> [ about asking permission for a Geocrawler query script ]
>
> Your program is a user-agent just like any other. You need no more get
> permission than the Mozilla dev team would need to get permission to
> distribute their browser because it could be used to access
> <http://www.geocrawler.com/>.

Yeah, that was probably my thinking when I first wrote the
script.  The Terms of Service didn't register as a problem at
that time anyhow; not sure why it did this morning.

Today's TFTD seems appropriate,

    "Who messed with my anti-paranoia shot?"

Thanks, and thanks to Remco.  Problem solved.

Rick