Re: fair use of the word Debian

"J.H.M. Dassen" <jdassen@wi.leidenuniv.nl> writes:

   On Fri, Mar 12, 1999 at 16:44:28 +0100, Wichert Akkerman wrote:
   > I see people sidestepping the real issue here. The relevant question
   > is: do we have any problem with a company that uses the word `Debian'
   > in its name?

   To me, it would depend a lot on how much emphasis "Debian" has in the
   company's name. I'd not be in favour of "Debian, Inc.", but I could live
   with DooGLeS ("Debian GNU Linux Support, Inc.").

I don't think that we can stop anyone from putting Debian as part of
an acronym, even if we wanted to.  For instance, GNU--GNU's Not
UNIX--uses the UNIX trademark, which I've never seen FSF, or anyone
else, acknowledge when referencing GNU.
--
"MONO - Monochrome Emulation
 This field is used to store your favorite bit."