Re: License issue with freeswan (Eric Young's libdes)

Rene Mayrhofer wrote:
> Freeswan (the user space daemon and the kernel module) needs Eric Young's
> libdes to work.

I know from researching for mindterm that version 3.06 of Eric Young's
libdes (from 1993) was licensed under the GPL. I don't know how much the
libdes library has changed since then, but it's perhaps worth a look if
you can find it. The des.c included in ssh 1.2.26, which can be found
pretty easily and is derived from libdes 3.06, is likewise licensed
under the GPL.

Of course gnutls is probably a better idea if you can get it to work.

--
see shy jo