Re: Removal of Email Address

On Sat, Sep 07, 2002 at 06:19:26AM -0400, Anthony DeRobertis wrote:
> Seriously, I have posted many, many, places with my suespammers
> address. I get little spam at it, but a piece or two a day. OTOH, my
> derobert@erols.com address gets nailed with tens of pieces a day.

So, what's the difference?  What did you do with the erols.com address
that you didn't do with the suespammers address?

> I realize that spammers could be avoiding the suespammers address (it'd
> make good business sense, after all), but most of my spam seems come
> from people plopping my address into web pages that don't bothing doing
> double confirms, or from APNIC space.

Why would people use your address that way?

My theory is that the address harvesters are trying to be smart and are
deleting the "spam" substring from your address.  Some poor bastard at
suemers.org is getting all your spam :)

Richard Braakman