Re: FWD: Analog licence violates DFSG

Joey Hess writes:
 > Brian Behlendorf wrote:
 > > On Tue, 12 Sep 2000, Joey Hess wrote:
 > > > 1.Any action which is illegal under international or local law is forbidden by
 > > > this licence. Any such action is the sole responsibility of the person
 > > > committing the action.
 > > > [...]
 > >
 > > I don't follow; maybe I'm just being dense, but section 1 seems like a
 > > no-op to me, a cover-your-ass by the attorney who wrote it to cover
 >
 > I rather agree.
 >
 > It does seem that if you break the law using the software, you've set
 > your self up for a legal double whammy -- a criminal trial and a
 > license violation suit.

     At least under Spanish law (but I guess under almost any local
law), "any action which is illegal [...] is forbiden by the law which
makes it illegal". Therefore, I just see the license as redundant,
since it forbids actions that are already forbidden.

     Saludos,

             Jesus.

--
Jesus M. Gonzalez Barahona                | Grupo de Sistemas y Comunicaciones
jgb@gsyc.escet.urjc.es / jgb@computer.org | ESCET, Universidad Rey Juan Carlos