Re: bootlogd

On Saturday 10 December 2005 01:23 pm, Frans Pop wrote:
<snip>

> An alternative is to move bootlogd _before_ udev.
> This works for me:
>    S02mountvirtfs
>    S03bootlogd-was-S05
>    S04udev
>
> Cheers,
> FJP

This worked fine! This is the point at which I left off researching the
subject. I thought that udev had to be run first in order to set up the file
systems correctly. Just goes to show how much I know about kernel hacking and
low level linux file system functions. I'm learning, though :-)

P.S.  I presume that the reason your solution works is because udev
incorrectly deletes or renames some device node that was created by the
kernel, which then causes the openpty() function in bootlogd.c to fail? Or
does udev take over some low level system function related to the /dev file
system from the kernel and then fail to emulate the legacy portion of the
function correctly, causing the call to openpty() to fail?

Thanks!
MGL
--
M. Glenn Lewis