Re: X-windows Problems with firefox install connections???

On Thu, Jul 28, 2005 at 12:36:35PM -0400, Will Ness wrote:
> Hello!
>
> Here is the breakdown, yes I am using 2.2 idepci kernel on my laptop.
> However when I do the apt-get command, it claims that the newer kernel
> image is not been found.

Have you done apt-get update?
If you are using a 2.2 kernel, you are probably using Woody.  Do the
entries in your sources.list file point to "woody" or "oldstable", not
"stable"?

> Not sure what to do next. Perhaps at this point, should I consider a
> reinstall? I know that x-windows worked the first time around, so
> should I reinstall it, and then save the config file?

Perhaps "dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xfree86" would work.  (maybe you have
tried that; I only keep debian-user posts for two days)

--
Tonight you will pay the wages of sin; Don't forget to leave a tip.