Re: [Suspend2-devel] Thin high-pitched noise on Inspiron 510m with the ACPI "processor" module

On Wed, Jul 27, 2005 at 09:59:34AM +0200, Jean-Baka Domelevo wrote:
> I wanted to share a bit of my experiment with you : I am running a
> Dell Inspiorn 510m laptop under a Debian Sarge (kernel 2.6.8). I
> noticed that when I use the ACPI "processor" module, there is a
> continuous thin high-pitched noise coming from the laptop, apparently
> from the area under the top-left corner of the keyboard. As soon as I
> unload the above module ("thermal" depends on it, so I have to unload
> this first), the noise is gone.

acpi-devel@lists.sourceforge.net would be the more appropriate list.
In fact, the archives have the same issue discussed at least once
with some possible solutions too:
http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/forum.php?thread_id=6674822&forum_id=6102

HTH,

Bernard.

--
 Bernard Blackham <bernard at blackham dot com dot au>