Re: how to update packages now sarge is stable?

Koen Vermeer wrote:

On Fri, 2005-07-22 at 19:13 +0100, Lee wrote:
Will updates such as this continue to be added to the sarge depositories or is every software update now a manual affair? What is the best way to manage this process?

I myself track testing, with packages from unstable if some bug is
bothering me or when I feel adventurous... If there is a serious bug, I
expect it to be fixed in stable, but I don't know if the firefox thing
falls into that category. You could manually update firefox from the
unstable or testing distribution (1.0.6 is in unstable now for i386).

IMHO, running a mixed system is more of a headache than it is worth. Apt-pinning is not receommended for the faint heart.

Or
you can wait and see if a new version is backported to stable
(www.backports.org).

This is probably better than running a mixed version. Just my opinion.

raju

--
Kamaraju S Kusumanchi
Graduate Student, MAE