Re: how to update packages now sarge is stable?

Nate Duehr wrote:
> kamaraju kusumanchi wrote:
>
>> The stable distribution has the unique feature that packages in it
>> will not be upgraded unless there is a security fix. Only when new
>> stable version is released and only when you update the machine to
>> that new stable version then you will have newer packages. So, until
>> etch (the next stable release) is released, you will not have new
>> version of firefox in stable. In any case, there will not be a new
>> version of firefox in sarge (except for a security fix).
>

> Firefox 1.0.5 and 1.0.6 contain security fixes.  If they're not released
> as security fixes for sarge, they should be.

I suggest subscribing to the
debian-security-announce@lists.debian.org email list. From there, you'll
get notification, when a package is released, which fixes a security issue.

Judging from my mails, Firefox 1.0.6 has been released as a regular package
- now available in Sid. However, I cannot rule out the possibility, that a
fix packages for Sarge will be released later.

j.

"We did a risk management review.  We concluded that there was no risk of
any management." -- Dilbert
:wq