Re: Problem with T42p, ipw2200 and ACPI

The ipw2200 module on my T42 works well with kernel 2.6.8. What version of kernel do you use ?

I still have a problem with ACPI module. I can suspend the machine, but after suspending, USB modules don't work anymore! (for example mouse, Wifi). And the machine does not power off completely. It does shudown only the hardisk and the monitor. I have press the power button for a few seconds to shutdown the machine. It's awful. :(

François TOURDE wrote:

Hi all,

I've small problems with an IBM T42p:

First one: ACPI doesn't suspend correctly (echo 3>/proc/acpi/sleep)
the machine, sometimes it works, somtime not.

So, I use APM and all works fine, except cpu throttling :(

Second one: The Wifi (ipw2200 module) card seems to not working as I
expect. On my old laptop (Dell C840) the Wifi card (Prism54) was
detected by ifplugd as "plugged" when an AP is detected. The new
ipw2200 stay in "unassociated" mode:

eth1 unassociated ESSID:off/any Mode:Managed Channel=0 Access Point: 00:00:00:00:00:00 Bit Rate=0 kb/s Tx-Power=20 dBm RTS thr:off Fragment thr:off
         Encryption key:off
         Power Management:off
         Link Quality:0  Signal level:0  Noise level:0

Any help appreciated ...

LE Hong Phuong,
Equipe Langue et Dialogue, INRIA Lorraine/LORIA
LORIA - Campus Scientifique - BP 239 - 54506 Vandoeuvre-lès-Nancy Cedex, France
Site web : http://www.loria.fr