Re: no KDE after stand by

Brice Méalier wrote:
On Sun, Jul 10, 2005 at 09:41:19PM +0200, ben van 't ende [netcreators] wrote :

Hi List,

After returning to my laptop today it looked like it had gone into some kind of stand-by. That never happened before. Maybe I never paused that long before ;-) Anyway after rebooting (I got some error message saying something went wrong. Didn't pay much attention to it as my Debian never fails me :-( ) I san't boot into KDE anymore. I can only access the shell. That looks pretty much ok to me. What has happened here and how can I fix that and in the future prevent it?

gRTZ

ben

Try to have a look a ~/.xsession-errors if present or look at the log
files in /var/log/

X starts correctly, isn't it?

The ultimate solution is:

$ cd /home/$USER/
$rm -rf .kd*

Hi Brice,

Well no. X doesn't start. I only have shell access. What I meant in my mail is that the shell functions ok, but startx just doesn't work. Probably something broke when my laptop wanted to go in some standby mode. I have installed toshutils and toshset in the weekend, maybe that's why something went wrong. The way it looks to me now I will have to re-install xserver and x-window-system. Would that be an idea?

gRTz

ben
--
netcreators :: creation and innovation