no KDE after stand by

Hi List,

After returning to my laptop today it looked like it had gone into some kind of stand-by. That never happened before. Maybe I never paused that long before ;-) Anyway after rebooting (I got some error message saying something went wrong. Didn't pay much attention to it as my Debian never fails me :-( ) I san't boot into KDE anymore. I can only access the shell. That looks pretty much ok to me. What has happened here and how can I fix that and in the future prevent it?

gRTZ

ben