Re: Experience with recent WLAN hardware (Netgear WG 511, TRENDnet TEW-421PC)

Hi Michael,
        thanks for sharing this information, I am currently thinking of
buying a new wireless card here in Germany for my wife's laptop, and the
warning aboutthe netgear cards is very valuable.
        Just for your info, I am actually currently using an acx111
chipset card (from sitecom ) with a proper native linux driver, and the
general performance is more than satisfactory. You may find that in some
respects it surpasses the windows driver kludge.

http://lisas.de/~andi/acx100/

has  a set of tarballs with the latest versions of the driver. The major
feature for acx111 that is still missing is WEP (see the README). The
progress on this driver in the last year has been extremely impressive,
and I think it deserves the community's support.
			Cheers,
				James