Debian Linux on Fujitsu-Siemens Amilo D8820 laptop

Dear List Members,

I would like to use my recently acquired Fujitsu-Siemens Amilo D8820 laptop in a dual-boot (Windows XP/Linux) configuration and to be able to reinstall either one of the two systems at any time without changing or damaging the other one.

So I ask you if the Amilo D8820 laptop is "ready for Debian Linux" and how I can install Debian Linux on my laptop in order to have the option of booting either Linux or the original operating system.

I thank you very much in advance for your assistance.

Sincerely,

Luiz Lopes