Re: Boot Failed with Debian >= 2; Toshiba

On 23 Dec 1999, Ruben Leote Mendes wrote:
> Hi Nebu,

<snip]

> That happened to me in a Sat2100CDS. The problem has something to do with
> the Toshibas and A20 address line. You need to use a zImage kernel because
> bzImage kernels don't work. Some people seem to get around the problem by
> disabling the cache in the BIOS. I did it (out of luck) by using the
> Half Power setting (don't ask me why it works :).

[snip]

This certainly isn't the case with all Toshibas. I have a Satellite
4000CDT and always use bzImage kernels with no problems at all.

Anthony

--
Anthony Campbell - running Linux Debian 2.1 (Windows-free zone)
Book Reviews: http://www.pentelikon.freeserve.co.uk/bookreviews/

"It's no go the Yogi Man, it's no go Blavatsky"  - Louis MacNeice