Re: unresolved symbols in pcmcia modules v3.1.6

On Thu, Dec 16, 1999 at 01:36:10PM +1300, Andrew McMillan wrote:
> Drew Parsons wrote:
> >
> > I have a weird problem compiling the latest pcmcia modules (for pcmcia-cs
> > 3.1.6-1).
>
> I think this happens when the kernel version you have compiled doesn't
> _exactly_ match the pcmcia modules version.  The funny extension names
> are there for uniqueness deliberately.
>
> I get a pcmcia to match my kernel by doing a:
>
> 	make menuconfig
> 	make-kpkg kernel_image
> 	cd ../modules/pcmcia-cs
> 	./Configure
> 	debian/rules binary-modules
>
> Well, there's probably a more 'correct' way, but that always works for
> me, and it _won't_ work if I do the pcmcia modules before building the
> kernel, for example - I'll get error messages similar to the ones you
> are reporting.

Well I think the "correct" way is to use `make-kpkg modules_image`, but I
guess the manual way does the job just as well.

The problem is a bit weird since I am compiling the package precisely in
order to get it in sync with my kernel.  I compiled my own kernel, and I
don't think I've changed the config script for it since, so it's *supposed*
to be the same kernel configuration.

Maybe the most reliable solution is to upgrade the kernel as well, so I can
be sure it's all consistent.  2.2.13 is ready, after all (I'm on 2.2.12 at
the moment).  Is 2.2.14 out yet?

Drew