Re: unresolved symbols in pcmcia modules v3.1.6

Drew Parsons wrote:

> I have a weird problem compiling the latest pcmcia modules (for pcmcia-cs
> 3.1.6-1).

I think this happens when the kernel version you have compiled doesn't
_exactly_ match the pcmcia modules version.  The funny extension names
are there for uniqueness deliberately.

I get a pcmcia to match my kernel by doing a:

	make menuconfig
	make-kpkg kernel_image
	cd ../modules/pcmcia-cs
	./Configure
	debian/rules binary-modules

Well, there's probably a more 'correct' way, but that always works for
me, and it _won't_ work if I do the pcmcia modules before building the
kernel, for example - I'll get error messages similar to the ones you
are reporting.

Regards,
					Andrew McMillan
            Andrew McMillan, e-mail: Andrew@cat-it.co.nz
Catalyst IT Ltd, PO Box 10-225, Level 22, 105 The Terrace, Wellington
Me: +64 (21) 635 694, Fax: +64 (4) 499 5596, Office: +64 (4) 499 2267