Re: PPP on Sony 505

At 12:48 AM 12/13/1999 -0800, you wrote:

>Regarding PPP setup on Debian and Sony 505's:
>
>First, you may need to set the BIOS Setup option "PnP" off for
>the modem to work under Linux.  (I haven't tried the isapnptools
>alternative, and doubt it would work.)
>
>Second, the debian package "xisp" is a nice GUI dialer.

I did all this, changed in the BIOS the Plug and Play  to Off,
and downloaded and installed xisp.
When running XISP after configuting it,  I try to conect,
but still my modem won't dial up.

By the way, I don''t have sound in Linux yet, so  I can't even
heard any sound the modem may make.

Any other ideas?

Thanks
Dada