Re: [d-i manual] Building Spanish translation

On Fri, 2004-06-04 at 11:11, Frans Pop wrote:

> I have added all missing files and corrected a number of small problems that
> caused problems building the translation.
>
> Most errors had to do with encoding; please be very careful how you use that:
> - - <?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1"?> _must_ be the first line in a
>   document;
> - - you made a bit of a mess of es/administrivia/contributors.xml: you changed
>   the encoding, but there were a lot of translators that still had UTF-8
>   encoded names; I have converted the whole document back to UTF-8, please
>   keep it that way!!
>   (Note: you forgot to translate the names of the languages in this document)
>
> There were also some problems with tags and other typing errors, but those
> were fairly easy to fix.

Thanks.

> You can see a preview of the translation on:
> http://home.tiscali.nl/isildur/d-i/es/
> Please check it, and if you are happy with the result I will add Spanish to
> the official website.
>
> Also, please review the changes I made in documents you translated.

I've reviewed the changes, and I'm happy with them. However, I suggest
to wait a few days, maybe David, Rudy, or somebody on the list has
something to say.

> Finally, please check the output of 'doc-check es' after you have run
> 'svn up'. You can use doc-check to keep up-to-date with changes in the
> original English docs (see also manual/translations.txt).

I will keep it in mind. Thanks

--
" In this life we are Kings or Pawns. Emperors or Fools "