Re: [H-S]: man mount (8) absent de Sid

Hello Bubu,
as I don't speak French I translated your e-mail using deepl.com and I
tried to understand your question, so please bear with me if I got it
(completly) wrong.

On Sun, May 01, 2022 at 05:40:17PM +0200, bubub@no-log.org wrote:
> en regardant plus loin, je me suis apperçu que le problème se rencontrait
> aussi pour cfdisk... Le point commun de ces fichiers (mount, cfdisk, partx
> ...) est que la page web debian man-pages pointe sur la version 2.36
> https://manpages.debian.org/unstable/fdisk/cfdisk.8.en.html
> je ne sais pas si cela explique ceci,
>   amicalement,
>   bubu

This is correct, the version of util-linux (which shipps cfdisk.8) is
2.36 and similar.

> > Bonjour,
> >   en regardant man mount, j'ai vu que sa traduction française est absente
> > du paquet, alors qu'il est dans celui de bullseye-backports ...
> >  de même pour umount ...
> > bullseye-backports:
> > $ dpkg-query -L manpages-fr | grep mount
> > /usr/share/man/fr/man1/mountpoint.1.gz
> > /usr/share/man/fr/man5/nfsmount.conf.5.gz
> > /usr/share/man/fr/man8/mount.8.gz
> > /usr/share/man/fr/man8/mount.nfs.8.gz
> > /usr/share/man/fr/man8/mountd.8.gz
> > /usr/share/man/fr/man8/mountstats.8.gz
> > /usr/share/man/fr/man8/showmount.8.gz
> > /usr/share/man/fr/man8/umount.8.gz
> > /usr/share/man/fr/man8/umount.nfs.8.gz
> >
> > Sid:
> >> ~ :  dpkg-query -L manpages-fr | grep mount
> > /usr/share/man/fr/man5/nfsmount.conf.5.gz
> > /usr/share/man/fr/man8/mount.nfs.8.gz
> > /usr/share/man/fr/man8/mountd.8.gz
> > /usr/share/man/fr/man8/mountstats.8.gz
> > /usr/share/man/fr/man8/showmount.8.gz
> > /usr/share/man/fr/man8/umount.nfs.8.gz
> >
> >  je ne saisit pas ?
> >  des fichiers sont-ils passés à la trappe ?
> > j'ai regardé les templates et me semble que le fichier a été retouché peu
> > après sa derniere traduction française ?
> > celui des backports ressemble pour beaucoup au fichier de sid ...

To see which man pages are incomplete in French (for unstable), please
use:
https://manpages-l10n-team.pages.debian.net/manpages-l10n/debian-unstable-fr.html

For stable (backports, bullseye), this is:
https://manpages-l10n-team.pages.debian.net/manpages-l10n/debian-bullseye-fr.html

I don't understand why no man pages for section 1 are shown in the
bullseye list, sorry. For other languages it works. But at least
mountpoint(1) is complete in both bullseye and unstable (as of today).

I assume it is not in the current manpages-fr (4.13-4) because the
translation was too incomplete when we released it last time, I can
see several French updates since then.

Does this help you?

Greetings

               Helge