Re: [DDR] [d-i] po-debconf://aboot-installer/fr.po

On Fri, Jan 16, 2004 at 01:22:58PM +0100, Olivier Trichet wrote:

> > Here is what the English message documents:

> > If the root partition is not ext2, various files needed for booting need
> > to be copied to an ext2 partition.  These files are /etc/aboot.conf,
> > /vmlinuz, /initrd.img, and the files that /vmlinuz and /initrd.img point
> > to.

> > Displaying all of this to the user seems like overkill -- the entire
> > operation should take only a second, so I think having multiple lines of
> > text would only be confusing to users.

> > The initial ramdisk image, /initrd.img, is an (disk) image belonging to
> > the kernel.

> > Therefore, since we are copying two image files, there are two images
> > that we are copying for one kernel. :)

> C'est joliment expliqué merci.

> > Suggestions on how better to express this are certainly welcome.

> Je ne sais pas si c'est mieux, mais pourquoi pas
> "Copying kernel related images to ${BOOTDEV}."

Do you think this adds anything to the user's comprehension?  It seems
to me that the two are nearly equivalent in terms of what they
communicate to the user.  But I have no strong preference -- if someone
feels the English text should be changed and wants to commit it to CVS,
that's ok with me.

Regards,
--
Steve Langasek