Re: Knoppix 6.7.1 DVD EN - problem with Czech locale

V Tue, 27 Dec 2011 00:28:53 +0100
Klaus Knopper <debian-knoppix@knopper.net> napsáno:
> On Tue, Dec 27, 2011 at 12:06:20AM +0100, Milan Knížek wrote:

> > P.S. There seem to be some problems with mount parameters for the
> > USB flash disk the Knoppix is running from - as a result, the
> > accented characters of filenames created in other operating systems
> > are wrongly displayed. (/dev/sdb1 mounted as /mnt-system) I will
> > try to find what the problem is and report back if successful.
>
> I think it may be related to the traditional 8-bit charsets, too, and
> the problem will go away when you switch to UTF-8 for the entire
> system, including udev and mount.

With UTF-8 enabled, I was able to get the correct file names on vfat
USB flash disk after adding "utf8" to the mount options in trymount()
function of the init script in the boot/syslinux/minirt.gz.

Regards,
Milan

--
http://www.milan-knizek.net/
About linux and photography (Czech only)