Safe-Upgrade

Hi All,
Most of the time I am a Fedora user.
As such I am familiar with how yum works.
Generally, yum update only works from the
fedora update repository, unless other repos
are enabled on the command line, or the .repo
files are edited and each one enabled in the repo file.

It appears that running

aptitude  --safe-resolver --allow-new-installs  safe-upgrade

also uses repositories that are in testing and in unstable,
instead of sticking only with the update repos that are stable.

How can I tell aptitude to exclude the testing and the unstable
repos?

The man page in knoppix shows no such options as
--exclude  or --include.

Thanx,

JD