Re: Can I use it to test out a evaluation software that has expired ?

Klaus Knopper wrote:

But: Circumventing the demo license of a proprietary third-party product
by making the product run longer than the evaluation period was designed
by the programs authors, is indeed probably a violation of law.

On the other hand, asking a naive user for a root password and writing
something behind his back to his system partition is not exactly
cricket either - to say the least. In my book, a software vendor who
does something like that deserves - legalistic issues aside - little
or no respect for his part of the bargain.

Cedar