Re: [Debian] CONFIG_LEGACY_PTYS and Squeeze

On Fri, 2011-02-04 at 14:27 +0300, Kir Kolyshkin wrote:
> > Please explain why. ssh always use openpty, which works fine with
> > devpts.
>
> Given the assumptions that containers run different distros, including
> some older ones,
> this option is needed.

There are many other kernel changes in e.g. sysfs that will confuse
those old distributions.  It seems to me that they would be better
supported by KVM or Xen.

Anyway, as Bastian said, squeeze is about to be released and this kind
of change is not allowed now.