Re: SVN layout

On Thu, Aug 25, 2005 at 10:32:59AM +0200, Bastian Blank wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 25, 2005 at 04:49:59PM +0900, Horms wrote:
> > 1. Should linux-2.6 go in  trunk/kernel/ or just trunk.
> >    Given that we no longer need source and per-arch directories,
> >    it seems logical to just move it up to trunk/
>
> linux-nonfree-2.6 and linux-patch-2.6.12-mips are missing from your
> list and we can move anything directly into trunk with this rationale.

They could be releases/sid/linux-nonfree-2.6 and
releases/sid/arch/mips/linux-patch-2.6.12-mips ?

> >    a) They are both being developled, so we may as well have them in
> >       trunk as linux-2.6 and linux-2.6-experimental, or something like
> >       that. We always had multiple versions in trunk in the past,
> >       and no one complained.
>
> Depends on what you mean with "developed". We saw that it is not
> possible to get regular testbuilds of the repository version and I broke
> 3 uploads because of this. If we want to be able to regulary push
> working versions into testing, we can't just push unchecked changes into
> this tree. This means that the sid tree can't be the development tree.

Well, but we still need the sid tree fairly available to make bug fixes and
such, but yes, it definitively makes sense to have both a sid and an
experimental tree. Maybe we could even do daily-builds out of the experimental
tree or something ?