Re: SVN layout

On Thu, Aug 25, 2005 at 04:49:59PM +0900, Horms wrote:
> 1. Should linux-2.6 go in  trunk/kernel/ or just trunk.
>    Given that we no longer need source and per-arch directories,
>    it seems logical to just move it up to trunk/

linux-nonfree-2.6 and linux-patch-2.6.12-mips are missing from your
list and we can move anything directly into trunk with this rationale.

>    a) They are both being developled, so we may as well have them in
>       trunk as linux-2.6 and linux-2.6-experimental, or something like
>       that. We always had multiple versions in trunk in the past,
>       and no one complained.

Depends on what you mean with "developed". We saw that it is not
possible to get regular testbuilds of the repository version and I broke
3 uploads because of this. If we want to be able to regulary push
working versions into testing, we can't just push unchecked changes into
this tree. This means that the sid tree can't be the development tree.

>    b) Everything must come off trunk.

What do you want to say?

>                               svk may be different, if so,
> this is a excellent time to discuss that.

It just gets crazy if it can't find merge points.

Bastian

--
Behind every great man, there is a woman -- urging him on.
		-- Harry Mudd, "I, Mudd", stardate 4513.3