Re: debian kernel oops on usb bluetooth dongle disconnect

On Wed, May 26, 2004 at 01:12:03AM +0400, Nikita V. Youshchenko wrote:
> Hello.
>
> After upgrading kernel from 2.4 to debian 2.6.6-1-686 package, I suffered
> 100% reproducable kernel oops whn I unplugged my usb bluetooth dongle.
>
> After some search, I found that the problem is known, and may be fixed by
> applying patch-2.6.6-mh2 from http://www.bluez.org/patches.html. I tried
> this patch and it really fixed oops, now my bluetooth device works again.
>
> I don't know what is the policy on such bugs, but maybe this patch should
> be applied to the next version of kernel packages?

One of our goals is to get more debian kernel patches into the upstream
kernel.org sources. Can you reproduce this with a stock 2.6.6 from
kernel.org? If so, please report it directly at bugzilla.kernel.org.

It probably ought to be in debian's BTS as well. I'll let someone else
say if the patch is appropriate.

Troy Benjegerdes                'da hozer'                hozer@hozed.org

Somone asked my why I work on this free (http://www.fsf.org/philosophy/)
software stuff and not get a real job. Charles Shultz had the best answer:

"Why do musicians compose symphonies and poets write poems? They do it
because life wouldn't have any meaning for them if they didn't. That's why
I draw cartoons. It's my life." -- Charles Shultz