Re: NFSroot & Power4 (was Re: Debian non-x86 kernel arches)

> Yeah, but until we have a ppc64 toolchain, that is all we have got, and
> furthermore, the actual testing will go into the infrastructure around
> the kernel, the mkvmlinuz needed to create the zImage.chrp-rs6k from the
> vmlinux and the creation of the initrd, which altough it works well on
> pmac, fails on my pegasos (and probably also on your pseries). Also the
> config needs testing.  This part of the testing will mostly be the same
> for the ppc32 and ppc64 kernels, and it is good we need feedback on
> those.

Note that I also don't maintain nor support ppc32 for the g5 neither. It
works, but I will do no special effort on it. We really need to kick the
ppc64 effort into life asap, though that requires at least a more recent
gcc and a more recent glibc, which seems to be yet another can of worms
with debian...

--
Benjamin Herrenschmidt <benh@kernel.crashing.org>