Re: Debian non-x86 kernel arches

Hi,

Troy Benjegerdes writes:

> Testing is probably the biggest issue.  How is this currently
> handled?  How do you verify a new package is okay?

In my job as a University sysadmin, I have physical access to about a
dozen different Apple PowerPC machines.  Apart from my personal work
machine, they run Mac OS X most of the time, but all of them have at
least a small Debian installation.  I make sure I run thorough tests
on three or four machines before I release a package, and add the
others as time permits and problems arise.  To my knowledge, Sven does
the same on his boxen.

> Is there any way to automate this.. or at least make it
> semi-automated?

I don't think so.  Short of attaching serial consoles and remote power
switches to a couple of RS/6000 boxen, that is.

Regards, Jens.

--
J'qbpbe, le m'en fquz pe j'qbpbe!