new windows placement (again)

Hi everybody

Most of my new windows starts to open on the right corner. I think that
previously (kde 3.5 and may be previous KDE 4 versions) they started on the
left.
It disturb me a bit because I've setup my panel verticaly on the right and
windows cover it. I know that I can't prevent all windows to cover it, but
this is not what I want: maximised windows cover the panel and that's fine.
But small windows should be displayed from the top left corner, not from the
right.

Does anyone knows how to achieve this?
I'm using kde 4.5.1 on Sid Amd64

xavier